I don’t often talk about how great dinner was (because, frankly, it isn’t always great), but tonight, dinner was fabulous!! I made a chicken pot pie. This was one of my favorite meals in the US, but it always seemed to take so much work that I didn’t make it very often. I don’t know what the difference was here, but, y’all. I wish you could have come over for dinner!
Here is how I made it (in case you think you’d like some):
- Make your favorite pie crust (I use my Grandma’s recipe). You will need a top and bottom crust.
- cook 2 chicken breasts
- boil some diced potatoes (I used 3)
- boil some carrots (cut into bite sized pieces…however many you like)
- blanch some fresh green beans (or use frozen if you have them! I didn’t use a bunch of these)
- boil some fresh corn cut off the cob (2 ears)
- make a roux (butter, flour and milk…basically gravy). I think maybe 1 1/2-2 cups.
- get out about a cup of sour cream (or make some if your country doesn’t have that. ha!)